Listing Sold September 2018.
Address: 500 Penrose Blvd
City: Colorado Springs
Square Feet: 7274
First built by George Fowler, storied personal friend of Spencer Penrose, this treasure has been meticulously restored offering every modern amenity. Old world charm exhibits attention to every detail combining historical elements with state of the art custom finishes with no expense spared. Nestled on 1.6 acres this stunning home boasts charming gardens, rock walls with fenced grassy areas, flagstone patios & a large stamped concrete deck with custom wrought iron railings overlooking the pool and city lights.
- First built by George Fowler, storied personal friend of Spencer Penrose. Land Deed signed by Spencer and original blue prints.
- Original quarter sawn white oak flooring and doors throughout home. Original staircase and banisters
- Formal living room with wood burning fireplace opens to a sunroom.
- Dining room boasts built in cabinetry and original French doors.
- Family room just off the kitchen has extensive built in maple cabinets and limestone fireplace.
- Custom gourmet kitchen is complete with Hall’s custom cabinetry, gas fireplace, Wolf 6 burner gas range oven with warming drawer and copper hood, 2 dishwashers, Sub Zero Refrigerator, and a cook’s pantry.
- The back stairs meet the original stair case to the 2nd floor with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.
- Master bedroom has a limestone fireplace and 5 piece Master bath with marble floor, double vanities, large walk in closet & custom built in armoire.
- The lower level is complete with large game room, office, study room and wine cellar.
- In wall speakers throughout home, patios and pool.
- Centralized Security System (fire, burglar and flood)
- 1.6 acres with mature trees and landscape
- New roof!
- Large stamped concrete deck with custom wrought iron railing overlooking pool, with city light views.
- Flagstone Patios off kitchen, Master bedroom, sunroom and living room. Onyx colored Diamond-Brite plastered pool surrounded by cut stone deck and rock walled gardens.